Wednesday, April 09, 2008

People's Park in the Sky



Before leaving Tagaytay, Simon was able to witness the breathtaking view from People's Park in the Sky.

His account:

---
People’s Park in the Sky is located in Mt. Gonzales, Tagaytay City 360 degree view of the whole of Tagaytay and the neighboring provinces. It was once envisioned to the Palace in the Sky or the vacation house of the family of the late Pres. Ferdinand Marcos. Construction & development of the “Palace” was stopped after the former dictator was ousted from power some 22 years ago. After so much deliberation this place was turn over to the Local Government Unit (LGU) to manage the place, it was then opened to the public.

After my visit to Tagaytay Picnic Grove, still have the energy to go to People’s Park as you can see in my previous adventure in one of the picture with the highest mountain around with the antenna tower constructed. I talked to the tricycle driver waiting outside to bring me to People’s Park and with no further conversations the driver drove me to the place. Excited to get into the peak I forgot to pay my ticket at the entrance then a bystander called my attention to pay for my ticket.

So I paid my ticket. As I get inside, there are jeepneys waiting to bring you to the peak for 30 pesos but I decided to walk going up. From the peak I saw some tourists, family and students touring around, enjoying the cool and fresh air, and as I roamed around the park still in love and awed with the wow-derful scenery of Taal Volcano from afar.

Below it there are constructions going on in the place. I think for while and felt sad why the local government allows this corporation to build residential houses around Taal Lake, that this moved coming from them might endanger the live of the living animals out there like the tawilis that the world only freshwater sardine and home to one of the world's rarest sea snakes, Hydrophis semperi.. One thing more it might pollute the fresh water of the Taal Lake.

I remember in one scene in the television that there are Korean nationals who wanted to build a Spa along the lakeshore of Taal Lake. But this was not pursued because of the protests done by the residents nearby Barangays of Batangas. And if those residents of Tagaytay have initiated to protest this I believe this will not and never pursued. I just hope that the residents here are like the Aetas, as far as I know these Aetas won’t allow strangers to go in Mt. Pinatubo as much as building constructions for they believe that when people used to climb the mountain, the Volcano might disturb and might erupt again like what happened year back 1991. Our natural habitats have been destroyed by this global modernization.

Soon I need to go home. I went down to buy fruits and vegetables as my pasalubong to my family and bought shirts as a remembrance. I’m sure David loves to have one.
---

Thanks to Simon for the article and pictures. And yes Simon, I certainly do miss the delicious fruits, fit clothing, and other unique products of the Philippines.














































14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mr. simon..im from mendez cavite..malapit kami sa tagaytay, a minute drive from house..pumupunta ako dyan dati and dyan ako nagmumunimuni..hahaha..kasi malapit na malapit sa nature and parang gumagaan ang pakiramdam ko kapag nasa taas na ako....

monch

Anonymous said...

Yan din obserbasyon ko noon pumunta kami dyan para mamasyal. Napakarami nang mga gusali sa paligid ng taal volcano. Tapos pag pumutok ang bulkan sila na naman ang tutulungan ng gobyerno para sa kaligtasan nila.

Sana matuto na tayo.

The Islander said...

i love the park. besides being crowded by tourists, i still feel the calmness amidst the fogs covering it. lumalawak ang imagination ko sa malawak na karimlan.

Anonymous said...

haha, kalawang in the sky..

Anonymous said...

hi! do you know how to get to peoples park? from emilio aguinaldo highway? thanks!

NETworker said...

from jollibee fastfood at aguinaldo highway.. you ask the tricycle driver around to bring you at people's park, fare is in the range of 70-100 pesos per tricycle.

Anonymous said...

do you know how to get to peoples park? from nueva ecija??tnx

Anonymous said...

hi, may i know the name of the shrine atop the people's park? There's a big statute of christ with his hands on the sides outstretched - vic_orencia@yahoo.com

ioma said...

may i know how to get there? i'm from manila,i prefer public ride

krystin said...

to ioma:
ride a bus with a sign "nasugbu" at edsa corner taft (the terminal is behind mc donald's and chowking along the north bound lane of edsa). tell the driver to drop you to "olivarez". then from olivarez plaza (can be seen at the driver side) you can ride a jeep (less than Php 20) towards People's Park in the sky. You would be passing Picnic Grove first though.

Anonymous said...

ive been there last july 25 20011 to gather some data about my thesis in tagaytay, then my frend invited me para daw mkita ko ung prk na un then tama nga calmness ang atmosphere ng park super ganda, then my nagsabi nga kalawang in the sky daw...ung structure luma na and i decided na un ang maging thesis proposal ko the redevelopment of the peoples park in the sky...to preserved the structure itself...
thanks po...
russeell from tarlac an architecture student...

Dhannielynnatividad said...

i love that place guzto ko ulit makapunta jan..soon :)

sally said...

magkano po ang entrance fee??? pwede ba magdala ng food inside?

Resty Gempesaw said...

pwede po ba makuha ung no. ng palace in the sky? need lang po. mag to-tour po kc kmi sa dec. 14..

Post a Comment