Saturday, February 13, 2010

Coconuter's Catharsis Video



catharsisI found a better quality version of my catharsis video and have uploaded it to Youtube.

Just a little background information--this was a catharsis project for psychology class in my senior year of high school (in Texas).

Catharsis is defined as:
- the purging of the emotions or relieving of emotional tensions, esp. through certain kinds of art, as tragedy or music.
a. psychotherapy that encourages or permits the discharge of pent-up, socially unacceptable affects.
b. discharge of pent-up emotions so as to result in the alleviation of symptoms or the permanent relief of the condition.

catharsisAnd that is exactly what I did.

I was actually booted from my group (I believe because I didn't fit in with what they were doing), and so I was the only one who ended up doing it alone. The fact that I had to do it solo made me quite nervous, but I knew that if anyone could pull it off, then it was me.

I was left with only a couple of days to prepare for this performance, so a few of the things I did in the video was impromptu. The plan was never rehearsed on real people but was only visualized, so I had no idea how my classmates would react. I was very fortunate that it turned out the way it did, because so many things could have gone wrong (from the reaction, to the timing, or I could have forgotten what to do, or I could have slipped on the table, etc.) ... but I don't think it could have turned out any better.

The Youtube link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiEWHTjHZE4

4 comments:

Jerick said...

still the same crazy video. hehehe.

Anonymous said...

ASTIG! i'd rather watch you than any of the contestants on starstruck. you are much more entertaining... plus with your looks, your brains, and the fact that you'd win the hearts of the people, there's no doubt you'd go far.

olracaledasor said...

loved this video and still lovin' it!

Osirus Whiz said...

still... one of the best!

Post a Comment