Thursday, February 11, 2010

Colors of Mindanao



mindanao flowerDuring the days leading up to Christmas and Christmas Day itself, I just spent my time relaxing along the countryside and taking in as much of the surroundings as I could. The beauty, the serenity...everything--I was eating, breathing...absorbing Mindanao.

Below are only a handful of the flora, fauna, and food I encountered during my stay. Some of the flowers I had seen before throughout Luzon, but a few of them I had not. The interesting looking food in one of the pictures is called "luyang," which is mashed saba banana and coconut shredding or sapal mixed with brown sugar--something I had never seen or tasted before. It makes for a tasty but not-so-rich snack that really fills you up.

But these photos are of course only the tip of the iceberg. There was so much more to see, yet so little time.

1 comment:

joelmag said...

hmmmm... when did you visit here in Mindanao? Well, hopefully next time, I can show you more. You will be awed by the wonders of natures here.

Post a Comment