Sunday, February 21, 2010

Passing Through Bukidnon



bukidnonFinally, the expensive Camiguin trip was over. Saw a lot of beautiful things there, but I could definitely see similarly beautiful things for a fraction of the price elsewhere. Speaking of which, the bus ride going back to Davao from Cagayan de Oro passes through the province of Bukidnon, and boy must I say that those are some of the more spectacular sites I've witnessed in Mindanao.

It was a rather cloudy and drizzly day, but the lush greenery of glowing rice fields and sloping mountains touched by the wispy rains falling from blue clouds was enough to keep me awake for the whole extent of the 9 hour bus ride. Glimpses of surprises like fully yellow-leaved trees (which I do not know the name of), herds of carabao, and crashing streams left me wide-eyed and alert--not wanting to miss a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment