Friday, May 13, 2011

Pretty Macalang



macalang dasol pangasinanI have a habit of walking for several miles. I'm sure some of my readers are aware as some have stopped to greet or take a picture with me during these escapades, especially my trudges in Metro Manila: Sampaloc-to-Cubao, Sampaloc-to-Rizal Park, Sampaloc-to-Makati, and Sampaloc-to-Quiapo. Though those walks were done to let off steam, I do also walk just for the sake of relaxation, sight-seeing, or searching for something that I do not know, lately along the Zambales and Pangasinan coasts, only to stop once I've tired or found a place that catches my eye. One such place is Macalang.


macalang dasol pangasinanThough one might unknowingly pass it by when riding a vehicle, due to thick patches of brush and coconut trees that hide it from view, Macalang is hard to miss when traveling by foot, especially on a sunny and windy day. Walking by, I noticed the sound of waves gently and uniformly lapping its shoreline and my eye was immediately caught by the glittering of the sunlight across its waters.

macalang dasol pangasinanEach place I go to, I feel exudes some personality that leaves an imprint on how I will remember it and what emotions memories of it will evoke. Macalang, to me, is a simple woman. Pretty, yes-- her smooth fine-grained beach barely spotted with any rocky imperfections. Her casual smile lights up like clouds on a bright day; she invites me to walk with her. Though not ornate, the sparkle in her eyes and graceful sandy earrings-- I see her.

macalang dasol pangasinanTo protect her under my wing and take care of her would be a pleasure. Meek, self-effacing, and docile in nature, it isn't hard to love her. And too am I showered by her forgiving love. A soft breeze gently blowing through the hairs of palm and swaying the gentle curves of her flowing ocean-blue dress, I stare and mesmerize about the gem I've found in the rough. Quietly, I sit with her for a while. And even in silence, we speak.

To stay, I would-- if only. But the Sun knows I cannot, pulling me away with it as it dips under the horizon.

macalang dasol pangasinanTears shed, but 'tis the cloth we are born into-- a culture that cannot accept who we truly are. Perhaps indefinitely, I can merely savor the pursuit of an unknown flower that even daydreams cannot convey and smile at the thought of finding her-- my mind replaying memories we shared. I bid her goodbye, somehow hoping to see her again one Summer day.

16 comments:

Stephaine said...

you did have a great adventure i think :)

Anonymous said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

parang malungkot yung mga pictures.... ^_^

Yrrag said...

David , its magnificent, it's like you are indeed "Coconuter in the sand" (version of footprints in the sand). :-)

Don Garcia said...

Coconuter, please join us on Facebook ("Pinoy Bloggers") hope to see you there :))

Keatondrunk said...

nice shots!

asiong32 said...

nice blog man...i immediately became a big fan! sabi nga nila in tagalog...ikaw na! clap! clap! clap!

efd said...

like you, i do take walks to relax myself and appreciate things that i would otherwise take for granted. God bless.

mistress10 said...

Such a beautiful place. You truly appreciate the wonders of nature. Like it!

Anonymous said...

i like it the way i like you.

God is Love said...

thank you for sharing this new macalang beach. very beautiful:)

tina said...

ako din, I walk a lot when I don't feel good :)

Anonymous said...

ganda rin ng beach...mahilig akong maglakad lakad...nakakapagod din..hahaha..a nature lover kaya greatly appreciated such pictures...very serene and very calm...sarap dyan...

Anonymous said...

one of these days nakapamasyal nga...monch

Dylan said...

Nice photos of Macalang Beach!

Ciara Abella said...

Love it! Kung may sexy beach may pretty din..hehe..kaso parang walang tao, di ata pwede mag-swim jan..pro perfect sya tlg pang-relax.. gusto ko rin jan..

Post a Comment