Saturday, December 03, 2011

Cabongaoan



cabongaoanSometimes I come across a lost paradise that disrupts my thinking. Cabongaoan was one of those places. I thought I knew what I've seen and considered to be special; yet, somewhere along the path some place or something new comes along that surprises you. Seeing her, how beautiful, you say; yet how unfortunate that she cannot belong to you.

Indeed, I have a love affair with entities of an idyllic nature; especially those with exceptional, cabongaoansimple beauty that have been relatively unnoticed or hidden to the rest of the world. If I could make it a mission to scour the world for such, I would; yet what would be the point if they could never be mine. But then again, maybe sharing moments in this life is precious enough.

Cabongaoan is enticing. I can see myself herding goats along its rolling fields and surrounding pastoral landscape. And I could just as easily cabongaoansee myself as a fisherman along its shore. But what if another came along? It is perhaps human nature; and if not, then it is mine. What an insurmountable guilt and excruciating pity it would be to leave a life you had grown accustomed and attached to for another that would seem so attractive and just as regretful not to experience. It is a dilemma that has risen with the emergence of civilization.

It is a tug of war between emotions, cabongaoanlogic, and instinct -- of whether one can obtain these paradisaical desires without ripping others or oneself apart. It is walking that fine line without falling off the edge of the cliff, or at least having done so in a manner that those you have crossed will help you back up in case you do falter -- an understanding and care borne out of love. This dilemma has stood the test of time, for most cultures at least.

What makes me think that I can one day obtain such hybrid of freedom cabongaoanwithout loss? I do not know. But health and youth are still with me; and there lives a constant yearn and energy to explore and experience, and to leave a part of oneself; perhaps ultimately as a seed that grows and reminds that a bond lives -- a true testament of memories and a love shared. To lose this feeling, I believe, would be to lose one of my life's purposes and driving forces.

It has been three months since my cabongaoanlast post. True, I have been busy. But I also try to abstain from my instincts. Like a dormant volcano, I stare off into the horizon, doing my best to keep focused on the paved road with horse's blinders on, though I know I have lion's eyes. Else my thinking becomes disrupted. Just like what had been with Cabongaoan.

Yet, I forget how you can only keep a fire tame for so long, before it ultimately runs wild and consumes what it must. Sometimes I've noticed cabongaoanthat prolonged restrain only elicits a more pronounced reaction. An extreme begets a polar extreme.

Ultimately, it is an artificial dam blocking a passageway where water naturally flows. It is only a matter of time before overwhelmingly powerful natural phenomena breaks the confinement and lets the water run free. And when it does, it will undoubtedly be an inundation.

cabongaoan

12 comments:

luvly said...

you know, i don't think half the people who read your blog actually comprehend what you write.  you have a brilliant mind.  i hope you find others who can understand you, otherwise it's going to be a lonely journey up ahead.   as usual, love your posts...  please don't ever get rid of this blog.

persi said...

hi david, how are you. cabongaoan is a nice place. i was surprised it's in iloilo. that's where i'm from.  nice article and great pics! ingat and have a nice day!

Coconuter said...

Hi Persi.  Actually, this Cabongaoan is in Pangasinan.  Ingat!

Simon Almazan said...

Wonderful post and thought. Applause for that, good JOB!

Arjay_salen said...

Its been quite a while since i was able to surf the net, its
good to see that you are posting again its been missed a whole lot, thanks 

Olancarub said...

Hello! You had always focused five (5) elements  in your journey, i.e. Nature, Love, Life, Peace, and God. My book also focused on the Universal Theory of Mind-Body Synergism.  I cannot comment but i want to ask you to convert these journeys of yours in reaching out the people by writing a book and share this to the young generation. Good luck!

ahoi said...

hi david...hope ul visit Samar...8's got a lot to offer.i hope ill be able to read 8 n ur blog one  of this days.Thnx much

Rfernandez531 said...

hi david, just came across your blog...i am on the same boat with you...i appreciate your journey.keep it up...are you from pangasinan?

el toro bumingo said...

Pag bumibista ako sa blog mo David, talagang lalo kong gustong mag-travel around the country. Siguro kulang lang talaga ako sa willpower. Sana magkaroon ako ng spirit of adventure soon :(

khimpoy said...

hello... i rily admire u...

Carlodelacruz20 said...

Woah.. I hope I can visit and see that place someday.. :]


Want some fun?
http://peekafun.blogspot.com

Reese Mackay said...

Your words are beautiful. You are a really talented writer. If you ever come back to Cabo Beach, we would love if you stayed at our house. We built Villa Toledo in 2007 (I can see the top of the house in some of your pics) and VIva La Vida, right on the beach, a year later. We fell in LOVE with this beach, the people and everything about it in 2006 when my parents were looking to buy some beach property. We live in Canada, but my parents want to retire full time there one day, and as for me and my husband, we work like crazy in Canada to save and bring our three children out every second year. We just came back from six weeks in paradise. If only the road would be better, the travelling there would be easier, but it's part of the journey!

Post a Comment