Sunday, September 30, 2012

Coconuter Plug



coconuter philippinesI had a chance to work on a short Coconuter clip/plug this weekend that was to be aired in a segment on national Philippine television. The plug didn't push through (due to music copyright issues, I am told), so I thought I'd go ahead and post it here instead, so at least it will not go to waste.


For those who do not understand Tagalog, I am essentially saying this in the video:

Hi, I'm David, pero kilala rin ako bilang Coconuter.
Hi, I'm David, but I am also known as Coconuter.

Lahat tayo ay may design, gayunman minsan mahirap hanapin kung saan tayo babagay.
We all have a design (or are all designs), but it is sometimes difficult to find where we apply or fit.

Creative spirit ako, pero nahihirapan akong tuklasin ang aking lugar.
I am a creative spirit, yet I have trouble realizing my place in this world.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ang aking layunin, ngunit alam ko na nais kong tumira sa minamahal kong Pilipinas.
I don't know what my purpose is; however, I know that I desire to live in my beloved Philippines.

Minsan ko nang ipinagpalit ang kumportableng buhay sa abroad para sa isang simpleng buhay sa Pilipinas...
I once replaced a comfortable life abroad for a simple life in the Philippines...

Pinapangarap ko na magkaroon ng paraan para makauwi ulit ako balang araw.
I dream for an opportunity or some way that will allow me to return one day.

Sa pagmamahal na ito para sa ating bansa, ay bumunga ang aking blog na "Coconuter" na pwede niyo dalawin sa internet.
From this love for the Philippines, my blog "Coconuter" was born.

Maraming salamat po sa inyong walang sawang pagsusubaybay.
Thank you to all who continue to follow.

Gumagalang, Coconuter
Respectfully, Coconuter


Coconuter Trying to Find His Way Back to the Philippines from David Poarch on Vimeo.

15 comments:

Simon Almazan said...

nice plug. old photos and videos bring life and inspiration. bring back the old good memories. smiling while watching it. keep on dreaming and inspiring.

Kulapitot said...

nice naman nito :) sayang nagkaroon ng aberya ...

Rk Snts said...

nice.. so what's wrong with the music? anybody can use any music for as long as you acknowledge them.. i believe...

el toro bumingo said...

David, try to use music from DanOSongs.com. These are background music that works best if you'll upload your video on YouTube. You would not have any problem with copyright music :)

warpig said...

I don't understand why they just don't air it as it is... Sayang yung potential exposure. They air Youtube videos on Philippine TV all the time... like the Cebu prisoners. The TV Patrol anchors and staff did a Backstreet Boys lipsync recently... It happens all the time! Anyway, if the TV networks won't cooperate, at least I hope your fans will help you SHARE your video and spread it on the net.

warpig said...

...after thinking about it some more, maybe they think you will end up outshining their show. But that's actually a good thing for them, it will get more people to tune into their show. Dapat gumawa fans mo ng isang petition... Petition to bring Coconuter Back Home to the Philippines!!! We all miss you Papa David!!!!!!!!!

shiela said...

sayang!

trickyap said...

I've been an on & off follower of your blog... I admire your passion and zeal for life and for our country... I've never been to the States (haven't been granted a visa) but I've been to Canada once and several Asian countries and it indeed opened my view of the world... maybe you can do something similar for us who haven't been to the States... maybe what you can do with your blog is to rediscover US thru the eyes of a common Filipino... what's around you that a common Filipino might find interesting? as mundane as somethings are to you, it maybe very interesting for some of us who haven't been there... be our guide to discovery... as you did your journey here in the Philippines a couple of years back and made us see our country thru the eyes of a Filipino-American... now let us see the country you were raised still thru the same eyes of that same Fil-Am... maybe then you'd have tons to write about... and we continue to learn from you as you re-learn somethings yourself... #mytwocentsworth

SpeakingMouse said...

music copyright issues, in my opinion they just pretended to have an excuse.

Coconuter said...

It's definitely a possibility, and I have a similar notion. It's been a while since I last heard from you SpeakingMouse; shoot me an e-mail sometime about how things have been going. Regards

Coconuter said...

My lifestyle here in the US is not conducive to executing such an idea. Unlike in the Philippines where I have more time and liberty, plus the life/environment/culture there is much more dense/rich. Thanks for the comment/suggestion though, and for following the blog :)

yellow-brown asian said...

I think our destinies flop-flopped David. I grew up in the Philippines and I am trying to find my way here in the midwest while you had to find yours in the Philippines. You may have come back to the states, but I think we both agree that a part of us still yearns for the pearl of the orient. I think you have a knack for words. Although some might think our lives here in USA is mundane, I bet you can put some color into it and show how a coconuter, and the rest of us Filipinos fair in the planes of america.

Bahishty said...

Want to Earn Some Extra Cash ??? Visit: http://adf.ly/Fa0ZJ

Karen Grace Kiel Felia said...

I love this one and I am sharing it in all my e-line accounts..

dudut said...

can you please elaborate more on why your lifestyle in US is not conducive to that idea?

Post a Comment