Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sunkissed



ynares centerWell I'm here, so we might as well get things started. Every time I arrive in the Philippines, I undergo a re-baptismal of sorts. Today, I decided to scout my current area -- by foot, as I usually do. This familiarizes myself with the positioning of roadways and establishments, and awakens my system to the chaos that is normal in the Philippines, though you hit some of this right off the bat when stepping out of Ninoy Aquino International Airport. A kiss from the sun is also a welcome greeting and helps me to re-acclimatize to the tropical weather.


On my little walk, I stumbled across the Ynares Center, the significance of which I am currently unaware of, except that it appears to be a major sports coliseum in the area, and is seemingly named after the Ynares family (whose faces are plastered on various objects in the vicinity) -- a prominent family in the area and apparently of some relation to Jose Rizal.

I'm usually not of the superstitious type, but interestingly, a black cat literally crossed my path while at the Ynares Center.

Apart from that, I enjoyed the time alone. Yes, I timed the shots to capture myself in the photos.

I ended the walk with a noontime drink of fresh coconut water.

Right now, I am just easing into what may come, giving my mind a break while I still can.  But soon I know that money will be an issue.  It will be a major challenge locating a US telecommute job, US government job in the Philippines, job in the Philippines for a US citizen, or a high-paying Philippine job.  Or I may need to be creative and seek out unconventional avenues.  If anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know.

29 comments:

Ems Reyes said...

i don't know how you would feel about it but you would be a shoo-in for a BPO job.... you can also try staff.com - they offer home-based job. welcome back!

Chti-chen Itza said...

Hi David, maybe we should try the Android APps business?

Constantino Frederick said...

Your life is very inspiring Kuya David...

Edgar Portalan said...

Hmmm Ynares Center ? Are you currently residing in Antipolo City ? I'm also located at the same place . The black cat looks scary to me .

VM said...

Dave, you're already back in the PI? Glad you made it safely. Hope you do well. Keep us posted with everything.

Coconuter said...

Thanks, I will look into these...

Coconuter said...

Yup, I'm back :) Thanks and will do.

Coconuter said...

Yes, that is correct :) Yeah, that cat was interesting...

Coconuter said...

I am happy it has a positive effect :)

Coconuter said...

Do you do Android development?

Annaliza Caasi said...

welcome back david,,

Chti-chen Itza said...

Not yet , not so in the present, perhaps in the Gods perfect future .. :-)

Niq Yabz said...

Welcome back David! Hope you could visit the adjacent city of Marikina as well.
There are also BTO jobs available near Antipolo like those in Eastwood city in Libis.

Patrick Poculan said...

Welcome back to the Philippines! If you're into designing games, you might as well try it. You will like the job and be paid enormously.

So happy to hear from you again Coconuter.

Edgar Portalan said...

Oh really . Where exactly in Antipolo City . Maybe , just maybe , I can find some time to pay you a visit someday : )

Kayzel Allenda Abad said...

Welcome back!
Hope that you'll have a wonderful experience here again.
About jobs...why not try to look for jobs here in clark, Pampanga.?
At the same time there are a lot of nice scenery here and maybe you'll find some jobs that would interest you.

Chti-chen Itza said...

David i suggest, you utilize your skills where you are best at, and from there you'll be great and abundant.. :-)

Marlon said...

Welcome back Sir David. I hope that you'll be able to get a great job here in the Philippines so that you'll be stayingn here for good and that you'll be able to explore the country more and share it in this blog. Your blog is so inspiring... Hope to read more from you...

jomel frias said...

welcome home.... hope you could visit in our place

Coconuter said...

I hope so too...

Coconuter said...

Thanks! I pass by Marikina occasionally, so I may stop by and visit the area some time...

Coconuter said...

Thanks; yes, any kind of web/software development would work. The pay and schedule though are things to consider.

Coconuter said...

Thanks! I am based in the Manila area, so I'll be looking for jobs here, though freelance jobs would be preferable.

Coconuter said...

I am eligible to work here. It's the pay that is the concern.

Coconuter said...

I aim to do that :)

Abraham Darius Llave said...

List of jobs currently open: http://www.irri.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=12274&Itemid=100219&lang=en

Software Engineer/Computer Programmer/System Analyst:

https://recruit.zoho.com/ats/Portal.na?digest=u.Ns1S15n*gcWAxw*n4kxp3MwRo3pomn6DbnMdaV80E-&m=vj&id=62750000001247026&wid=62750000000986703&embedsource=

https://recruit.zoho.com/ats/Portal.na?digest=u.Ns1S15n*gcWAxw*n4kxp3MwRo3pomn6DbnMdaV80E-&m=vj&id=62750000001247032&wid=62750000000986703&embedsource=

The above two positions might fall on either Level 4 or 5:
http://irri.org/images/downloads/hr/cnb-hq-nrs.pdf

knoxxy said...

Wow that is nostalgic, its been a long time since I have visited the Philippines.

Karen Grace Kiel Felia said...

Hi :) . Upon looking for a place for our company outing, I've found your blog site. And what really interests me is I knew i have watch you in a tv show (featuring your story) when I and my cousin (we are both amazed) was still in high school.. I am not sure about it but "Coconuter" is remarkable to me.. Anyway, I am so happy to visit your blog and from now on.. I always will.. :)

Eugene Acedilla said...

i have a friend who's working in globe telecoms, since your degree is closely related to his (he is an ECE i believe)... heard the pay is good... not sure about the schedule you prefer; though, going out of town on a weekly basis is good enough for me...

Post a Comment