Monday, February 25, 2013

The Ride



ynares centerDo you know where you're going to? I asked myself this, and I honestly did not know the answer. My life has veered in several different directions over the years. There is a side to me that's very disciplined and ambitious; yet there is also another side that's free-spirited and spontaneous. It's funny how some of the things driven by my instinctive desires will eventually require my cultured skills in order to nurture them.  And it's also interesting how nature has embedded into us instincts so powerful that we are driven to great extents just to follow them, sometimes regardless of the consequences.

It's quite the contrast when I look at where I was just a couple of weeks ago in the civilized world, working a corporate job, and with all comforts within reach; to where I am now. Specifically, today, I just hopped on a jeep and decided to stop in Quezon City to view some of the things in that area. There is something odd about it, since this is not how the typical modern man operates, particularly driven by whim.

The UP-Ayala TechnoHub, the giant Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ), and Quezon Memorial Circle were some of the stops I made. Again, not for any particular reason, but only because I came across them and felt like visiting. The exact same basis why I decided to pick some fruit when I came upon some large Aratalis trees along the way, or why I decided to climb up a wall.

Moments in life are oftentimes fleeting; many will not wait, and some will pass you by before you expect them to. Sometimes, it is not the destination, but the ride that is more meaningful.

15 comments:

Sam DC said...

ok, way too many photos. glad to have you back in the philippines :)

Uchuu Keiji Shaider said...

Hey David, you should have visited the Ninoy Aquino Parks & Wildlife Center just adjacent to the QC Circle. If you love nature, a tranquil place, birds and animals, it's the place to go in QC.

Joseph Fields said...

Maaari ba mong malaman kung saan ka pupunta dahil kung saan ikaw ay nakatayo sa daanan ng bubay? Hindi ganoon sa tingin ko. Pupunta ka sarili sa isang pinakamasaya na lugar at sabihin sa amin lahat ang tungkol sa biyahe mo.

Kathrine said...

hey david! I added you on LinkedIN! :)))
Talk soon!

Ric Cordova Loreno said...

David, come visit imus cavite. 0932 6120 734


Karen Grace Kiel Felia said...

"The calm sea at the beginning of your journey does not guarantee a tranquil voyage".. upon reading "The Ride" those words from my Lolo flashed back in my memory..

charlize said...

Look inside your heart and mind
When you search enough you find
Truth has always been around waiting,
just waiting to be found

Chamz said...

Find what makes you happy so you can find yourself. :)

http://www.travelwithchamz.com/

Eric Baroy Mahinay said...

Nice pictures you have here..anyway, welcome back...you have been blog absent for a while. So, what cam are you using to get those pictures?

NIkolai Rudenko said...

Hello David. I'm Nikolai.


I would like to publish a guest post (with one link) on your great blog - coconuter.blogspot.com. Could you please give me the price for the placement of it?


Thank you and I look forward to your reply.


Have a nice day.

Rotsen Roi Sumanting Verdida said...

This is Roi Verdida. Happy to rediscover ur blog... I found this years ago when u were featured at on tv. I think it was GMA's Wish Ko Lang if I'm not mistaken. I thinkI was only 13 or 14 then. Really got moved by ur story. Now I'm 21. Happy to find your blog again after years! "COCONUTER" just hit my mind so I searched for you and here I am!

makati hotels said...

monotony is definitely not your game. have fun on your trips!

Sam Door said...

They have beautiful beaches, beautiful homes, and there's always something to do in that small city.

____________________
urban out fitters

el toro bumingo said...

Hi David! Long time no blog post. I hope you're doing great. You're still here in the Philippines, right?

Coconuter said...

Still here in the Philippines. But not doing too good.

Post a Comment