Odyssey | noun | od•ys•sey | \ ˈä-də-sē \
1 : a long wandering or voyage usually marked by many changes of fortune
2 : an intellectual or spiritual wandering or quest
facebook instagram twitter feed



Friday, March 16, 2018

Roaming in the Corn Fields

Friday, March 16, 2018

Roaming in the countryside, climbing things... I was definitely doing some catching up with my boyish/childlike desires.  Perhaps it was a reunion of spirit between myself, my early childhood years in the Philippines, and the rural parts I could recall from those times.  Or perhaps it was due in part to the relative deprivation that I placed myself into when I inherently became sheltered and mostly just focused on my academic pursuits growing up in the US; and now I was sort of trying to retrace my steps back to go visit the paths and simple joys I may have missed along the way.  But sometimes, there are experiences that, once missed, can no longer be appreciated in the same manner or to the greater extent as they could have been at the appropriate stage or phase in life.



Original post below:

Sunday, April 9, 2006

I went roaming in the provinces again today. There are lots of chickens and ducks in the area. I trekked through some of the gardens, primarily a corn field. That's an irrigation ditch in one of the pictures. I accidentally fell in, so I went ahead and had a picture taken while in it. Some of the pictures are a little blurry. In one of the pictures is burnt grass. This is a common and quick way of getting rid of wild grass and weeds. If you're wondering how I got up that house, it wasn't with a ladder. I climbed up with just using the wall. It took a while. I got a couple ears of corn and husked it. I'm not sure if I said that correctly. I think that's what you call it. I also took some shots in a wrecked abandoned home. It was early evening during the time, so some photos include flash because it was a bit dark. I'm sitting on some dayami in one of the photos. Dayami is the straw that is used in constructing nipa huts, particularly the roof I believe. In the concluding set of pictures, I am climbing a coconut tree that is dead. I think it was struck by lightning because it was black and residue rubbed off on my hands and clothes. In the last picture I am checking out some type of crop. I'm not sure what it is. It's bright yellow that looks to be a round eggplant.























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang! ANG GUAPO MO!!! ANG GUAPO MO!!! ANG GUAAAPOOOO!!!!

I don't care what you post! Just post some more pictures! Oooppss... No, Really! He He He

Reyna Elena
www.bizplanuniversity.blogspot.com
www.ofwcenter.com

Anonymous said...

musta po? kakatuwa naman na may pinoy na katulad mo. sana ay makamit mo ang iyong hinahanap at kahit na nahihirapan ka ay naeenjoy mo pa rin lahat dito.

Anonymous said...

naks naman, pati yung Mahal Na Araw,and I appreciate your photos. I watched your interview at NAgmamahal Kapamilya and humanga ako sayo because mas ginusto mo pa na mag-stay here in Philippines than in Texas to find kung ano ang purpose mo sa life mo,wish ko sana lahst ng people like mo, pinagpapalit ang marangyang buhay sa isang simpleng katulad ng buhat mo ngayon......

Post a Comment