Odyssey | noun | od•ys•sey | \ ˈä-də-sē \
1 : a long wandering or voyage usually marked by many changes of fortune
2 : an intellectual or spiritual wandering or quest
facebook instagram twitter feed



Friday, June 01, 2018

Eclipse

Friday, June 1, 2018

A few weeks ago, I met this Aeta in Subic.  We made a fire together using just bamboo.  He may look silly in this photo, but he has a lot of admirable traits.

He is proud of who he naturally is.  He has not forgotten where he came from, and how he got to where he is today.  He understands the value of hard work.  And whatever I could offer, he genuinely showed appreciation.  These are some qualities that earn my respect.

Unfortunately, most of those who encircle me do not share the same perspectives or appreciation for good principles; and my influence, for whatever reason, is weak upon them, if not countered or ignored completely.  Oftentimes, my say is worthless.

I sometimes get the feeling that I am just being used and am not truly appreciated or loved.  No yearn to bond.  No pride to introduce me, that I am better off confined and secluded; makes me think that I must be a shameful, disgusting, and embarrassing sight.  Sometimes, I am even forbidden or prohibited from doing something or going somewhere, as if I am a child or a dog on a leash.

Like a plant in a corner, my roots, stems, and leaves do not matter, and I am only seen and watered just enough to produce the fruit I bear.  But should other flora glitter and exert their popular star-like or hypnotic influence, they are idolized, even if they could be a negative influence; and I am disregarded, taken for granted... eclipsed and forgotten.


3 comments:

Ryan Tena said...

Hi David, I was quite active way back in year 2010 to follow and read your posts. Today, when i opened my fb, i came upon to take a chance viewing your posts again, where I thought before that you were already ended your blog activity.
I am hoping and expecting more posts (INSPIRING MESSAGES AND PHOTOS) coming from you because, I have now a 10-year old son and I am planning to introduce your blog-site to him because i want him to read all your posts from the very beginning. It is full of ideas and with deeper thoughts and could help him learn your way of creating a poetic-like-story instead of spending his free time viewing other blog-sites.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coconuter said...

Thanks for your comment and for remembering my blog! I hope to republish my old posts little by little, so that others can read from the very beginning also :) Time flies... In a few more years, I hope your son will find value in and enjoy the writings as I hope you have! Regards

Post a Comment