Odyssey | noun | od•ys•sey | \ ˈä-də-sē \
1 : a long wandering or voyage usually marked by many changes of fortune
2 : an intellectual or spiritual wandering or quest
facebook instagram twitter feed



Saturday, February 24, 2018

Black Panther

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Typically hidden in the rough, you may find me lurking along the streets, creeping in murky waters, and prowling in the jungle.  Often subdued, and confined for now, you may for a moment think that the animal was succumbing to the cruelties and misfortunes of life, or perhaps in times of stillness, even had died.  However, you would be mistaken.

The wounds are healing, and the legs that were buckling from exhaustion have somehow managed to grasp some strength.  Renewed hope and the eyes glow anew, a reflection of the inferno blazing from within.  The coal that was visible, only a shell and transitory, as the fire is still well alive.  The animal walks on, nourished by dreams.  Sadly, though there is great potential, all lie in wait and unfulfilled, as pathways in the jungle still need to be found and unlocked.

All my energy, everything, I will burn.  But not everything that we will for or strive for will be found and achieved, this I know.  It is an unfair and merciless world.  Not all those who are kind receive kindness in their life in return, and not all those who are unkind inherit misery.  This is a harsh reality of life.  Effort, inheritance (genetic or material), survival of the fittest -- in a way, yes, these still factor in and matter in some form today, but not completely.  Chance, luck, randomness (or random change/volatility/"weather") -- these too can change one's life drastically.

Trying... I am, with all my might... as far as my mind, body, and energy will take me.  But whether Fate will bestow upon me discovery, good fortune, and fulfillment as I battle Time... this the Universe only knows.



Note:  I do not know who painted the mural.  It has a signature that says Jappy 2018.  Jappy, if you happen to stumble upon this, you did a great job.  Out of all the walls I pass by, I ran across the one with your mural not long after it was painted, since it is still early 2018 at the time of this writing.  I typically think things like these only happen by chance, but sometimes occurrences like these enchant me to believe, that just maybe, there could be reason in the things that happen.



































2 comments:

gino33 said...

You've been through a lot David and what doesn't kill you only makes you a better and stronger person. The things that happen to us that are beyond our control are not as important as the person we are becoming in the process. Stay strong and keep going.

Coconuter said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Gino.

Post a Comment