Odyssey | noun | od•ys•sey | \ ˈä-də-sē \
1 : a long wandering or voyage usually marked by many changes of fortune
2 : an intellectual or spiritual wandering or quest
facebook instagram twitter feed



Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Bad Things Have Happened


Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I still remember the night this happened.  I never thought it could happen and never experienced something like this, so it was completely unanticipated.

It was past midnight--the exact time I can no longer recall--but I was just sleeping, like any other regular night in the bukid/countryside.  But this was not like any other night.  My senses detected a foreign sound interjecting with the normal solo hum of the electric fan.


I started to wake up and thought I may have just been dreaming, because I saw a figure a few feet away hunched over my belongings.  Still not fully awake, I must have stared at the figure for a minute, wondering if I was dreaming or not.  I thought it might be my cousin, so I called out my cousin's name.  Suddenly, the figure turned around, but instead of responding, he darted out of the room.  Subsequently, I would hear a loud crash in the living area and a banging of the screen door.

Startled, I was awake, but still did not have my bearings, as I was not sure what was going on.  I hesitated to go outside of the room, because I did sense something was wrong, though still did not realize what exactly was wrong, because again, I had never experienced anything like this before and never really expected it to happen.

I grabbed a rock that I would use for exercise and prepared myself for whatever awaited on the other side.  But, fortunately, no one was there.  It was clear now what went on.  The refrigerator was the loud crash I heard, since it had fallen over.  Apparently, the thieves were trying to carry it out.  However, they did manage to eat the fruits inside it.

I saw that my documents and passport were scattered outside the front door.  They were probably surprised I did not have any money, haha.  But, as I would mention below in my original post, they did get some of my clothing as well as the all-important possession at the time--the digital camera.

Original post below:

Tuesday, July 4, 2006


Bad things have happened, and the web site has reached a low point. Thieves broke into the house and stole my digital camera, some of my clothing, food, among other things... This almost makes my web site dead as I have no other way of taking and placing pictures, but I'm trying to look at this as a trial in my journey and not as an ending point.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that this is not the end. Hang in there.

You'll be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

pare,
if only im in he philippines , tulungan kita..
but im in Middle east , i dont have paypal.. nwei start looking for work my friend..
look for a good company .. your credentials are very good

Anonymous said...

I was afraid something like this could happen to you. At least, you were not waylaid on your way home and your digital camera and other belongings taken from you by force. Baka nasaktan ka pa. Anyway, take care and I hope you find some ways to recover from this bad experience.

Anonymous said...

Malas mo naman pards, anyway If your looking for a nice documentaries about filipino lives go to Batanes.. They were very honest People...Kahit may malaglag na twenty pesos o relo just go the the radio station.Dun dinadala ang mga nawawalang gamit..

Dont forget to take a photo on the ,,But im not sure if it is "Honesty shop" parang ganun nag pangalan. walang tao pero pwede kang bumili at lalong hindi vendo machine eto...

Maybe if you will go there, try to talk with the governor,,i aasist ka pa nun...for your reference go to GMA 7. my documented report About the Batanes for being Honest.

You are the Pride of every filipinos.....I can tell.

Me, Im here in Japan, working in Petrochem Design company..meron din sa Texas eh.....Homesick na ako gusto ko na umuwi....October siguro....

Anonymous said...

i've seen your video on youtube.com...truly inspiring.... you have lost your camera?? this is philippines pre!!! Enjoy life... hehehehe....... same thing happen to me.... well... you need to expereince that... you're welcome to my netcafe for free.... but im here in mindanao... would you like to visit???
email me at bugipogi@yahoo.com

Post a Comment