Odyssey | noun | od•ys•sey | \ ˈä-də-sē \
1 : a long wandering or voyage usually marked by many changes of fortune
2 : an intellectual or spiritual wandering or quest
facebook instagram twitter feed



Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Simplicity

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

It's funny how years ago I had so little money, but so much time to myself.  And now, I find myself close to the other end of the spectrum, where I am doing better in terms of my career, but don't have enough time to really enjoy myself.


It was a rare occasion on this day to get some extra time to myself and to be able to go out beyond my normal vicinity of travel.  Disappointingly, it had to take an undesirable crisis for it to happen, but that's another story.


On this afternoon, I visited Simon at his flower shop at the University of the Philippines - Diliman.  He actually took these photographs, and it reminded me of our old wanderings.

It was a simple stroll through the campus.  Simple and beautiful, natural surroundings.  And for a fleeting moment, my mind was clear and life was simple.  It seemed like time may have paused momentarily, or perhaps we had just wanted it to.

UP Diliman is such a beautiful campus.  If I had a second life, I would have liked to attend a university like this.  Actually, if I had a second life, I would have liked to do several things differently.

Would it not be nice to be naive again...  The ignorance, the clean slate.  To be free not only of attachments to people, but also of responsibilities, commitments, expectations, etc.  Sadly however, this cannot be done, because decisions cannot be undone, memories cannot be wiped away, and time cannot be turned back.

The day was ended by attending a prayer session with Simon's wife and daughter at their church -- Life Connection Church - Hagios Center in Manila.  I haven't attended church in years, and I'm still not religious, but it felt nice to do something different for a change.

















































































































0 comments:

Post a Comment